I don’t think I’ll ever run out of money-saving ideas to share! Freecycle.org is a network of people that is run through yahoo groups. The idea is that people can give the things that they no longer want to people who do, and snag things that they do need- for free! Go to Freecycle.org to see if your area is included. You will be instructed to join their yahoo group, which will be approved by the moderator (to ensure that you live in the area). Freecycle is great when you have something to get rid of, but don’t want to haul it off, or have it end up in a landfill. My best score was five pair of shoes for my daughter. They were still in great condition, and saved me from spending money on something she would only wear for six months. So join today and start freecycling! The moderator from your city will send you instructions on how to post, and all the do’s and don’ts.
- Swagbucks– This is an easy, free, and legitatmate way to earn gift cards ( think Amazon, Paypal, Starbucks, Target) by using their search engine, taking polls, and watching videos.
- Field Agent– This is my favorite find of 2012! It is a free app for I-phone that allows you to earn real money by doing easy jobs for them. For example: go to Wal-Mart, find the nail polish disply, take a picture, answer a question, earn $5. Anyone can do it, and the money is deposited into your paypal account. I have currently earned $127.05.
- Consignment Stores- You can sell your new and gently used items for cash or store credit. At most places you can earn extra (20% at my store) for taking store credit. There are places that take adult clothes and kid clothes and toys. Keep in mind that they only take items in great condition and of popular brands.
- Coupons- Couponing has changed for the better! With printable coupons and online databases its easy to be strategic about your couponing purchases. For example, I recently purchased Gogurts for my daughters preschool lunches. At brookshires they were on sale for $2. I had a coupon for $0.35 off which triple to $1.05 making the yogurt $0.95. Saving money is making money! Stayed tuned for future posts about how to score great coupons.
- Tophatter– This is like ebay, but with live auctions that go by quickly. No more waiting to see if anyone will find, and bid on your product! You are able to chat with the bidders during the auction. Check out the link to see how it works, and the wide variety of products you can list.
- Craigslist– Ok Mommas, this is a great way to earn some cash for all of that baby gear you have accumulted.Make sure you are smart about making transactions with strangers!
- Garage Sales- Who doesn’t love a good old fashion garage sale. Here is where a lot of my tips tie in. Did you know that you can list your garage sale on Craigslist so that people can find it easier? Did you know that you can find garage sales listed on Craigslist and buy other peoples stuff to resell on Craisglist? Hmmm did that make any sense? Have a garage sale, save money by buying used, or look for great deals on kid stuff to resell . I once met a guy who was a stay-at-home Dad and bought kid toys at garage sales every weekend to resell on Craigslist. Thats how he earned a living! Confession- I once went to a garage sale that had tons of kid clothes priced 3/$1. I grabbed a bunch and resold them to a consignment store. Is that wrong?!
- Blogging- I’ve heard that people can make money doing this. I’ll let you know. 😉
- TrendSource– There are a lot of secret shopper scams out there. This one is legitamate. They make you jump through a few hoops, but they are free hoops. Never pay to become a secret shopper.
- Groupon– and other daily deal sites, allow you to earn credits and free deals for signing up your friends. You can do this by emailing a link or sharing on facebook.
Coming soon: more (and even crazier!) ideas for earing extra money.
Thanks for stopping by!