August 22, 2012
Great coupons can be found in unexpected places. Here are a few places to look:
- Vocalpoint.com– An online program for women created by P&G. Sign up to receive free samples, coupons for free products, and high value coupons. You are able to give feedback on products, and have your opinion heard. The concept is, the more you participate, the more offers you receive. Make sure you log in often and open the emails you receive so you can snag the offers while they are still available! Since this is P&G, the products are for big name brands, and you don’t receive spam.
- KraftFirstTaste.com– This is another great source. It’s a lot like Vocalpoint, but the products are from Kraft. I love both of these sites because I can trust the companies. They only want you to try their products, maybe get your opinion, and it doesn’t cost you a dime! Sign up if you haven’t, because you have nothing to lose!
- Recyclebank.com– Earn points by watching videos, taking quizzes, and making pledges. The purpose if for members to learn about the environment and take actions to protect it. It’s very easy to earn points, and you redeem the points for coupons to name-brand products, discounts, and gift cards.
August 17, 2012
- Swagbucks– This is an easy, free, and legitatmate way to earn gift cards ( think Amazon, Paypal, Starbucks, Target) by using their search engine, taking polls, and watching videos.
- Field Agent– This is my favorite find of 2012! It is a free app for I-phone that allows you to earn real money by doing easy jobs for them. For example: go to Wal-Mart, find the nail polish disply, take a picture, answer a question, earn $5. Anyone can do it, and the money is deposited into your paypal account. I have currently earned $127.05.
- Consignment Stores- You can sell your new and gently used items for cash or store credit. At most places you can earn extra (20% at my store) for taking store credit. There are places that take adult clothes and kid clothes and toys. Keep in mind that they only take items in great condition and of popular brands.
- Coupons- Couponing has changed for the better! With printable coupons and online databases its easy to be strategic about your couponing purchases. For example, I recently purchased Gogurts for my daughters preschool lunches. At brookshires they were on sale for $2. I had a coupon for $0.35 off which triple to $1.05 making the yogurt $0.95. Saving money is making money! Stayed tuned for future posts about how to score great coupons.
- Tophatter– This is like ebay, but with live auctions that go by quickly. No more waiting to see if anyone will find, and bid on your product! You are able to chat with the bidders during the auction. Check out the link to see how it works, and the wide variety of products you can list.
- Craigslist– Ok Mommas, this is a great way to earn some cash for all of that baby gear you have accumulted.Make sure you are smart about making transactions with strangers!
- Garage Sales- Who doesn’t love a good old fashion garage sale. Here is where a lot of my tips tie in. Did you know that you can list your garage sale on Craigslist so that people can find it easier? Did you know that you can find garage sales listed on Craigslist and buy other peoples stuff to resell on Craisglist? Hmmm did that make any sense? Have a garage sale, save money by buying used, or look for great deals on kid stuff to resell . I once met a guy who was a stay-at-home Dad and bought kid toys at garage sales every weekend to resell on Craigslist. Thats how he earned a living! Confession- I once went to a garage sale that had tons of kid clothes priced 3/$1. I grabbed a bunch and resold them to a consignment store. Is that wrong?!
- Blogging- I’ve heard that people can make money doing this. I’ll let you know. 😉
- TrendSource– There are a lot of secret shopper scams out there. This one is legitamate. They make you jump through a few hoops, but they are free hoops. Never pay to become a secret shopper.
- Groupon– and other daily deal sites, allow you to earn credits and free deals for signing up your friends. You can do this by emailing a link or sharing on facebook.
Coming soon: more (and even crazier!) ideas for earing extra money.
Thanks for stopping by!